Lea Michele talks about upcoming songs on Glee
- PC: You famously performed "I Dreamed A Dream" with Idina Menzel on the series before even the movie became a hit, of course.
- LM: Well, I think that Glee has done such a great job in general of opening up people to Broadway music. You know, it's funny you mention this, because something so hilarious happened on the set the other day when we were singing "No One Is Alone"...
- PC: From INTO THE WOODS.
- LM: Of course. And, yeah: so, me, Chris [Colfer] and Darren [Criss] obviously knew every word, and, Chord [Overstreet], who was with us, was just like, "What is this song?!" [Laughs.]
- PC: It may seem a bit strange to the non-indoctrinated.
- LM: Yeah, I mean - "Witches can be good?" "Giants can be right?" What the f*ck is going on?! [Laughs.] But, to answer your question, I think that Glee has done such a great job of opening up Broadway music to people who may not have ever heard these songs before. So, that's one of the reasons why I am so proud to be on GLEE.
- PC: Introducing Stephen Sondheim to a new generation in doing so, no less.
- LM: Absolutely! Absolutely. Speaking of Sondheim, besides "No One Is Alone" from INTO THE WOODS coming up, we also have "Not While I'm Around" [from SWEENEY TODD]. Chris is going to be singing some great Broadway stuff, too. [Sighs.] There is such great music coming up on Glee - especially the Broadway stuff.
Chris sat down and then Darren went to sit next to him but then the realize the thing was wet or dirty#darrencriss #chriscolfer
2014 2/25 Chris Colfer and Darren Criss Film ‘Glee’ Memorial Scene in Los Angeles.
The cast of “Glee” films a candlelight vigil scene in Los Angeles, CA